Just how much did the library get used in one month? I'm glad you asked!
- All grades visited the library for orientation and read-alouds connected with learning in the classroom.
- One class visited three times!
- A number of students visited before school, during break (with teacher permission), and after school. They helped stamp books, check books back in, or just browsed for their own enjoyment.
- Over 440 books were checked out by individual students.
- 5th grade borrowed books for our school garden project.
- The Boy Scout Troop that meets at Kepler borrowed a milk-crate's worth of space and astronomy books. They will use them on Wednesday nights through the summer to explore and focus their scout projects.
We have great news about grants for our library as well:
- The Downtown Rotary Club granted the library $4,296.26 to pay for student work area furniture, cozy reading area supplies, and part of the Family and Early Literacy Adventure Packs.
- The MJ Project is granting $550 for graphic novels for the library, especially for middle schoolers.
- Dr. Low from CSU Fresno wrote a grant for $1,000 which will provide graphic novels for the library and cover some costs for a graphic novel/comic/manga elective.
Next year's Library Grand (re) Opening will be amazing, and the ways the library will serve our school will be even better.
Stay tuned for Summer Reading news!